Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life...

So, I'm working again, which is reeking havoc on the toddlers schedule, she hates getting to daycare too early b/c the kiddos have to all play in the gym till 8 and the big kids are scary.  So from past posts, sporadic as they were, I mentioned that I have type 2 diabetes.  Well, just got more good news with my latest lab work, I have low testosterone, a vitamin D deficiency, my uric acid is too high, and my cholestorol was bad.  Yippee, more meds!  So, in addition to all this, I met with a diabetes educator and got put on a 2000 calorie/day diet as well as limiting my self to 17 carb units a day (a unit is 15 grams), the weight loss program has me on an appetite suppressant (another pill) plus weekly b12 shots.  So in addition to tracking everything on paper, I'm going to try to keep up with some stuff here, I know its not tech, but I hope you'll all support me through this.  So day 1, starting weight 263 pounds, BMI 42, average blood sugar 190.

Speaking of blood sugar, I got a free new meter, which is nice, it logs it all and then you can upload it to your pc or you Mac, thats right they support Mac, awesomesauce!  So we'll see how it goes, the lancet that came with it is far less painful than the one that came with my accucheck, but I dont like loading a needle everytime.

Wish me luck, I have two beautiful ladies to take care of and I need to stick around.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jon, I know you haven't replied to me once in the last year I've tried to contact you for whatever reason, but I know what you're going through having dropped a large account of weight myself and wish you the best both fit you and your family's sake.

    If you ever need a sympathetic ear, advice or encouragement, feel free to hit me up. I've been where you are before and built up a wealth of knowledge doing it. Just never forget you *can* do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, sorry I havent gotten back to you and yes that was me ducking out on Patrick Stewart! I appreciate your kinds words, we need to catch up sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete