Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I think an apology may be in order...


So, as some of you may know from my previous post, I recently relocated to Texas.  This was not an easy decision to make, especially now that there is a granddaughter involved.  I quit a good job at Verizon (I was going to get laid off, but was also going to be compensated for this), started my own business with my wife, business failed, chaos ensued, relocation successful.  So during most of the year we were running our own business, I was suffering from what I would say was semi-sever anxiety, everything was a stressor, my life, my work, my bank accounts, etc...  Add to that the fact that I don't really have a lot of friends, that is to say I have a lot of acquaintances, but not many "friends".  I know this is partially my fault as I was living in Searcy, did not drive a truck, did not hunt nor fish, could not recite the player rosters or stats of any player in high school or college football, so all the while I never felt like I fit in.  For that I apologize, I should have been more open to trying new things.  Secondly, once the business was set to close and the assets set to disappear, I think I started to get really depressed, you know not dark, i'm going to kill something depressed, but just genuinely sad, people I thought were my friends turned their backs, people started talking behind backs like children, and well I just sunk deeper and deeper.  So, since I didn't confront any of you petty assholes, I apologize, I hope you get your karmic just desserts (up your ass).  Sorry, I apologize for that too.  I also want to apologize to my friends who were not made aware of the transition until it was already over, it was hard enough coordinating closing my office, packing my house and leaving all my family, so for that too, I am heartfully sorry (not sure if thats the right word, but you get my meaning.

I've never felt like an overly smart person, but I have managed to work my ass off over the years and prove that I can do anything I set my mind to....until now, I can't seem to get a job to save my life, I've been turned down for everything, even sales jobs at wireless companies, I mean I had the inside track, I knew wireless inside and out, and now I can't even get an interview.  Everything is done online, so you really have no chance to make any kind of impression.  I have some people who just ignore my applications and my emails, so thats really nice, I'd rather get the Dear Jon, we regret to inform you.... form letter than nothing.  So for my interest in working for those of you who lack the decency to respond, I'm sorry I bugged you, no go drink your latte and sit in your Herman Miller chair, and take your middle finger, and spin...

So, that leaves me being a stay at home dad (not all bad, I do have the best daughter in the whole world), a desire to try to broaden my cooking skills, a desire to learn more about digital photography, and a completed application to the University of North Texas, yep, after almost 15 years, I'm going to go back to school and finally get that piece of paper, so maybe then I can get a job selling cell phones to people with no credit.

Since it appears I will have more time on my hands, I will try to update this with more frequency and try not to be an asshole the whole time, and get back to some cool techie posts, as I know most of you love my rants about geekology and technology (technogeek).

So good night, farewell, auf feiderzein, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment