Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Diets, Drive-bys, & Dives

So part of my New Years Resolutions was well to become more resolute and well be a better person, lose weight, and get healthy so my daughter will have a father around for a long, long time. So before Christmas my wife decided to do the HCG diet, while I was skeptical at first and of course worried about how she would react to only eating 500 calories a day. I was surprised, she started out losing about 1-2 pounds a day and by week two between .5 and 1 pounds a day. She got a little disheartened by the slow down, but by the end on day 21, she had lost somwhere between 15 and 20 pounds, and a true gentleman doesn't ask specifics.

So, flash forward to 2011, I decide that I am going to give it a try, I admit I've been overweight since about 8th or 9th grade, and severely overweight the last 7 years or so. I can't lie, I love food, its always there for you, and its always good, you know the joke about pizza and sex, well lets just say I've never had bad pizza (or the other to be honest!) :) My biggest problem is portions and snacking, I love a good potato chip and of course I'm from Arkansas so don't even get me started talking about cheese dip!

The first two days of this plan they want you to carb up and overload eating whatever you want, especially if its high in fat and calories. My last two suppers on Saturday and Sunday were Chilaquiles (which have become my new mexican standby) and then sadly enough Sunday was Captain D's for 4 pieces of fried fish.

Day 1 of phase two cuts you back to two meals, and 500 calorie target. I am using the documents give as a guide, plus the Lose It! iPhone app to track my weight loss and caloric intake. Lunch on day one was a chicken breast and asparagus, dinner was a low fat hamburger patty and spinach, Day two, more of the same, 4 ounces (100 grams) of chicken and I sauteed some asparagus in chicken broth with salt and pepper till the sauce was all absorbed (this is incredible btw). Which brings us up to today, day three, lunch was chicken and a cup of green beans. Afternoon has me excited about my Braeburn apple snack. Think I'll be making some Tilapia for dinner tonight, with asparagus (of course).

So, to discuss the weight loss, unless you're not paying attention to FB or twitter Today is the third day and I've already lost 5.8 pounds (a small dog), which has me feeling good about the pain of missing snacks.

That's all for now!

Be sure to follow me on twitter @speckjc

No comments:

Post a Comment